WHAT IS THE BOT-3000E?
THE BENEFITS OF THE BOT-3000E
It is the only device qualified for use with ANSI A326.3 “American National Standard Test Method for Measuring Dynamic Coefficient of Friction of Hard Surface Flooring Materials” released in April 2017. It meets the requirements of ASTM 2508 for the validation and certification of walkway tribometers, as tested by an independent laboratory. Measuring walkway slip resistance with the BOT-3000E per the ANSI A326.3 method allows you to recognize and remove slip and fall hazards, in compliance with the Standard of Care called for in OSHA Section 5(a)(1), General Duty Clause. The BOT-3000E is the only tribometer that has a data collecting and reporting app (STEP) that conforms to ANSI and ASTM standards. The device performs a test without human input except for the pressing of a button, making it more difficult for the operator to manipulate the results of the test.
HOW THE BOT-3000E WORKS?
The BOT-3000E and ANSI 326.3 are the results of published research conducted in the United States and Germany and represent the sound scientific methodology required to meet the “Daubert” rule of evidence in United States federal and state courts. The device is a motorized drag-sled which moves at a constant velocity along the floor surface. While moving, the slip resistance is metered and recorded via a standardized rubber sensing module in contact with the floor.
WHAT DOES THE BOT-3000E DO?
- Ceramic and porcelain floor tiles
- Marble floor tiles
- Travertine floor tiles
- Granite floor tiles
- Limestone floor tiles
- Polished concrete flooring (Industrial and decorative)
- Terrazzo flooring (epoxy and cement based)
- Engineered stone tiles
- Quarry tile
- VCT Tile
- LVT and other resilient surfaces
SLIP TEST SERVICES (IN FIELD)
- A testing diagram with test location(s) and testing conditions identified
- A description of the hard surface flooring conditions, as per astm standards
- An executive summary of “ansi a326.3 american national standard test method for measuring dynamic coefficient of friction of hard surface flooring materials.”
- All dcof measurements and a statistical analysis of dcof results
- Tribometer reports which include a timestamp, a date stamp, photos, and graphs of each individual dcof sample.